So delicious there will be no leftovers!
If you’re looking for a simple, healthy and delicious sharer for the bank holiday that will impress your friends and family, then try my potato, black bean, salsa and tortilla chip bake. Perfect for alfresco dining or an accompaniment at BBQ’s. Even young children find this dish irresistible.
I made this one with red potatoes but sweet potatoes would work just as well.
Red potatoes or sweet potatoes?
Great source of protein, fibre, folate and potassium.
600g red/sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into 1cm thick slices.
1 tin tomatoes
1 tin black beans
2 table spoons of red wine vinegar.
1 red onion finely diced
1/4 bag tortilla chips crushed
Handful of fresh coriander to garnish.
1 red pepper diced
20 small green olives
100g grated cheddar cheese
Red onion marinating in red wine vinegar.
Remove from oven when potatoes are golden brown.
Black beans can lower the risk of a host of chronic diseases.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lie the potato slices in a large baking tray. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Mix the diced red onion with the red wine vinegar and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the diced red pepper, chopped tomatoes and chilli flakes to make a salsa.
- When the potatoes are golden brown remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes. Pour over the salsa and tin of black beans.
- Crush the tortilla chips and sprinkle over with the green olives.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese and bake in oven.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of tortilla chips are golden brown in colour.
- Remove for the oven. Serve immediately and garnish with diced red onion and fresh coriander.
I promise this dish will not disappoint.
Baked cheese and tortilla chips – sunny bank holiday food!
Please send me recipes or stories about your favourite shares for al fresco dining.
The fresh and zesty flavours will give your guests something to talk about!