there’s scrambled, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached, shirred, soft boiled, hard boiled, pickled, baked, sunny side up; in an omelette, quiche, or frittata; etc, etc, etc. And that’s just where the egg is the main ingredient!
What are the 100 ways to make an egg?
Boiled, scrambled (soft or hard), poached, baked, basted, fried, shirred, coddled, pickled (as in quail eggs) and used to make omelets, quiche, frittatas, and soufflés.
How many ways can you cook an egg?
There are 4 basic methods to cook eggs: frying, boiling, scrambling, and baking.
What are all the different ways to cook eggs?
6 Ways to Cook Eggs
- SOFT BOILED. Cookware: Pot. Preperation: Cover eggs with cold water, bring to boil, cover, shut off heat and let sit for 2-8 minutes. …
- HARD BOILED. Cookware: Pot. …
- POACHED. Cookware: Sauté Pan. …
- SUNNY SIDE UP. Cookware: Skillet. …
- OVER EASY. Cookware: Skillet. …
- Scrambled. Cookware: Nonstick Skillet.
What came first the chicken or the egg?
Eggs certainly came before chickens, but chicken eggs did not—you can’t have one without the other. However, if we absolutely had to pick a side, based on the evolutionary evidence, we’re on Team Egg.
How many ways can you fry an egg?
There a four basic styles of fried eggs—sunny side up, over easy, over medium and over well—indicating the level of doneness.
- Sunny side up: The egg is fried with the yolk up and is not flipped.
- Over easy: The egg is flipped and the yolk is still runny.
What are the 7 basic ways of cooking egg?
7 Different Ways To Cook Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs.
- Poached Eggs.
- Fried Eggs. Sunny-Side Up. Over Easy. Over Medium. Over Hard.
- Soft Boiled Eggs.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs.
- Baked Eggs.
What are the eight basic methods for cooking eggs?
8 Different Ways to Cook Eggs
- Boiled. Boiled Eggs. Boiled Eggs also known as cooking eggs in the shell. …
- Deviled. Deviled Eggs. …
- Fried. Fried & Over-Easy Eggs. …
- Omelet. Spinach Omelet. …
- Scrambled. Scrambled Eggs. …
- Poached Eggs. Poached Eggs / Eggs Benedict. …
- Souffle. Spinach Souffle.
What is the hardest egg to make?
Scrambled. Scrambled eggs are both the easiest and the hardest version of eggs to make.
What is sunny side egg?
Sunny side up eggs are eggs cooked until the whites are solid but the yolk is still runny. Usually it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to cook on medium low heat. The round yellow yolk gives a sun-like appearance, hence the name.
What is the hardest way to cook eggs?
To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water.
Is the chicken a dinosaur?
So, are chickens dinosaurs? No – the birds are a distinct group of animals, but they did descend from the dinosaurs, and it’s not too much of a twist of facts to call them modern dinosaurs. There are many similarities between the two types of animal, largely to do with bone structure.
What two birds made the chicken?
As humans consistently chose the tamest red junglefowls and bred them together, the genetic makeup of the resulting birds will have shifted. At some stage during this domestication process the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus) evolved into a new subspecies, Gallus gallus domesticus, AKA the chicken.
Did dinosaurs evolve chickens?
Science has revealed compelling evidence that the T. rex actually evolved into a chicken. The Chicken is the Tyrannosaurs’ closest living relative. Not only that but scientists now classify modern chickens as dinosaurs.