SurreyK is officially back. Here is my favourite cheesecake recipe to ease you from Summer into those cosy Autumn nights
This is for all the parents, guardians, friends who have been working extra hard during the school summer holidays. Perfect for a charity bake-off, summer BBQ or just an informal gathering with friends.
600g creme cheese
250g plain or chocolate digestive/hobnob
1 large serving spoon butter
1 large spoon of icing sugar
1 fresh vanilla pod
1 handful fresh raspberries
1 handful fresh blackberries
1 handful of milk/dark chocolate sprinkles
1 handful of white chocolate sprinkles
Autumns looking up.
- Crush biscuits in a large mixing bowl with a potato masher or alternatively put the biscuits in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Place the biscuit pieces into a large mixing bowl, add butter and mix together with your hands,
- in another mixing bowl add the cream cheese, 1 large tbsp icing sugar and the finely chopped vanilla pod. Mix together gently with a spoon.
- Spread the biscuit mixture evenly into the bottom of a cake tin or flan tin. Fill any holes with more of the mixture.
- Gently spread the cream cheese mixture onto the cheesecake base.
- Top the cream cheese with raspberries and blackberries.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate and dark chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for thirty minutes or more before serving.
Surrey Kitchen is off to Portugal this coming Sunday for two weeks. We will be staying in the Algarve area and would really appreciate any recommendations for restaurants, markets, beaches, fun activities for children etc… So please message us.