These healthy, easy to make Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect treat for Halloween. With small amounts of sugar and butter these cookies are still so very sweet and wholesome.
My toddler and her friends love these soft cookies right out of the oven. An occasional oatmeal cookie can satisfy a sweet tooth and is a much healthier option than a shop bought biscuit or chocolate bar.
Oats contain soluble fibre which reduces your bad cholesterol levels and decreases your risk of heart disease. Soluble fibre can also help regulate blood sugar levels.
Oats are a great source of Vitamin A for healthy eyes and vitamin K which is important for blood clotting.
A Halloween treat for all the family
Oatmeal cookies are one of the relatively few sweet snacks to have a significant protein and iron content.
The perfect sweet treat to please adults and children this Halloween.
Time: 30 mins
Yield: 30 cookies
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together.
- Add in the dark chocolate chips (or alternatively raisins or cranberries.)
- Heap teaspoonfuls of oat mix onto cookie tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes the cool on a wire rack.
Remember to follow us on