BBC Great British Bake Off, Christmas Baking, Christmas baking recipes, Christmas desserts, Cranberries, cranberry, Cranberry nutrition, Emma's Christmas Bundt Cake, Festive Baking, Holiday bundt cake, Orange and white chocolate chip dessert, Stress free christmas dessert, www.surreyKitchen.com
This all in one holiday bundt cake has everything – cranberries, orange and white chocolate. The contrasting flavours of tart cranberries and rich white chocolate make a deliciously sweet impressive dessert for Christmas day.
Bundt cakes are perfect for this busy time of year as they allow you to have pretty cakes without stressing over your lack of icing skills.
Cranberries come into their own around Christmas but are good for so much more than simply accompanying turkey. Beautifully tart and ruby red in colour, cranberries grow wild on shrubs throughout Northern Europe and North America. High in vitamins C and D, potassium and iron they are believed to be a natural remedy for a host of health conditions.
Juicy cranberries seep into the sponge making it extra moist and full of flavour. Serve with a splash of cream, custard or ice cream for the perfect holiday dessert.
It’s also a nice cake to keep around the house for snacking on with tea or coffee when those unexpected Christmas visitors call.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Serves 12-16 people.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 navel orange (zest and juice)
1 cup fresh cranberries
100g white chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup of sour cream
3/4 cup icing sugar
4-5 tsp milk
Cake glitter for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180C. Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and zest in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly. Stir in the orange juice.
- Combine the flour mixture, the batter and the sour cream.
- Gently stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared bundt tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for approx 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze: Combine the icing sugar and 4-5 tsp milk. Add more milk a little at a time until glaze is the desired during consistency. Spoon glaze over cake, allowing some of the glaze to drip down the sides. Sprinkle cake glitter over glaze for an icy/snowflake effect.