Bittersweet Chocolate and raspberry Muffins, mood food, Raspberry and chocolate, recipes for the January blues, The best chocolate and raspberry muffins ever, the great british bake off, www.surreyKitchen.com
Fluffy, decadent, chocolate and raspberry muffins are a perfect antidote to the January blues. There is no better combination in the world than raspberries and bittersweet chocolate.
These muffins couldn’t be easier to throw together and there is no need for a mixer. Just couple of mixing bowls, a whisk and lots of dark bittersweet chocolate will do the trick.
This recipe makes perfectly balanced muffins that won’t fail to impress your friends and family. Incredibly chocolaty, but not overly sweet. Best served by the fire with a cup of tea and a good book!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of sour cream
1 punnet of fresh raspberries
Makes 12 muffins
Time: 35 mins
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with cases.
2) Combine four, sugar, 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3) Whisk egg, sour cream, milk, vanilla essence and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth.
4) Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until they form a smooth batter.
5) Spoon batter mix into muffin cases. Gently press 3/4 fresh raspberries into the top of each muffin.
6) Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve with cream or ice cream for a decadent dessert or simply with a cup of tea for a delicious afternoon treat!