Children party cakes, Edible gifts, Emma's cranberry and white chocolate chip muffins, Great British Bake Off, Greatest muffins in the world, New Years Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Muffins, New Years Eve Recipes, New Years Party Food, SurreyKitchen
New Years deserves nothing better than the BEST MUFFINS IN THE WORLD. An arrogant statement I know. But hand on heart as a muffin connoisseur I can assure you my Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Muffins will be the best you have ever tasted.
Naturally sour cranberries are a great match for the sweet dairy flavour of white chocolate. A flawless combination that is also a favourite of mine. The white chocolate emphasising the cranberries sharpness and perfumed flavour rather than swamping them.
These muffins are soft and fluffy unlike the heavy oily ones that can be bought in coffee shops. Sure to win over all your guests, even that one who says they don’t like white chocolate.
This recipe is quick and easy, and within 45 minutes you could be tucking into these melt in your mouth muffins. So delicious you will never be able to eat just one. Even Miles can’t tear his eyes away from this little tower of heaven.
Approx 12 muffins
Time: 45 minutes
100g fresh cranberries
100g white chocolate chips
300g self-raising flour
170g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 ml milk
1) Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Place 12 muffin cases in a tin.
2) Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl.
3) Beat eggs, milk and vanilla essence in a jug.
4) Pour the eggs and milk into the dry ingredient and stir together.
5) Add the butter and mix thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
6) Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips and mix gently into the batter.
7) Divide the mixture between cases.
8) Bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffins are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Happy New Year!
Love Emma, Ross and Miles xxx