In my last post I wrote about how difficult the last six months have been for my husband and I. However yesterday when we were out enjoying the sudden miraculous spell of sunshine here at RHS Garden Wisley we had a piece of news that brought a smile to both of our faces. I am delighted to say that a very lovely lady called Serena at thecakerevolutionblog has nominated surreyKitchen for the Shine on award.
This is the first blog award we have been nominated for and we would both like to say a huge thank you to Serena. Check out her grandmothers recipe for a wonderful ricotta cake.
So here are my seven random facts that are a requirement of receiving this nomination.
1) I am a total literary geek and always have more than one book on the go. At the moment I am reading John Green’s Paper Towns and Charlotte Bronte’s Villette. I have a BA in English Literature, an MA in Creative and Professional Writing, as well as my BSC in Occupational Therapy.
2) My favourite bookshop in the world is Shakespeare and Co in Paris.
3) I play piano, guitar and saxophone.
4) In 2007 I qualified as an Occupational Therapist and have since worked with children and young people aged 3yrs-18yrs who have autistic spectrum disorders.
5) Last year my husband and I went to South Africa on safari. It was the best holiday either of us has ever had and we totally fell in love with Africa.
6) I love all animals but if I had to pick a favourite it would be elephants. In South Africa I got to ride and interact with two rescue elephants. It was a dream come true.
7) I have recently taken up yoga and meditation.
Here are some of the beautiful photos my very talented husband took at RHS Garden Wisley.
Of course Miles believes the award nomination is entirely down to his modelling skills!
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Shine On Award:
1) Chef Mimi