Use Valentines day as an excuse to make a deliciously rich and decadent take on the traditional brownie. Nothing says I love you like a homemade treat. Dark chocolate, juicy cranberries and macadamia nuts bring some lovely strong flavours to the mix.
Cuts into 12 squares
150g good quality dark chocolate broken into chunks.
40g good quality cocoa powder, sifted
200g soft brown sugar
150g self-raising flour
3 large eggs
50g dried cranberries
100g macadamia nuts
1) Preheat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4 and line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin or brownie tin with baking paper.
2) Melt the dark chocolate with the butter in the microwave. (Heat 2 mins the stir thoroughly).
3) Mix together flour, cocoa powder and sugar and stir in the melted chocolate and butter, followed by the eggs.
4) Stir through the dried cranberries and macadamia nuts. Pour into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.
5) Serve with tea or coffee as a delicious snack. Serve cold with fresh strawberries or warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream as a decadent dessert.